Friday 13 February 2015

Quick Review: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock


[Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick]

GoodReads Updates:

01/19marked as:currently-reading
01/19page 10
3.0%"Just started! Citations are hard to get used to, but intriguing opening! #BOTB1"
01/19page 10
3.0%"Just started! Citations are hard to get used to, but intriguing opening! #BOTB1"
01/21
40.0%"Got used to the citations pretty quickly. The futuristic emails are SO intriguing and although I find some of Leonard's ideas very whiny and privileged, most of them are so insightful and thought-provoking."
01/24marked as:read

Great, haunting read from Matthew Quick. I LOVED The Silver Linings Playbook, so I expected a lot from the YA, and I was not disappointed. A word of caution, however. I wouldn't recommend this for  those who are struggling with serious depression or are suicidal, because a lot of Leonard's thoughts and ideas and his very detached nature are very triggering. If you can stomach that, this is a very thought-provoking book. There are many things that I disagree with Leonard about and there were times in the novel that I felt that Leonard was just a very privileged, cynical young man. He does a lot of stupid stuff. But overall, his ideas and musings about the world are very intelligent and shocking. Some of Leonard's large rants were observant and real enough that I had to stop and examine my own life a well as others around me. It is a very important book. Quick has the prose of a sad yet highly intelligent youth down pat. Matthew Quick is pretty brilliant, indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment