Friday 6 March 2015

Quick Review: Life After Life





Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

This book is immensely intricate and clever, however, it is also hugely confusing and muddled.
Firstly, I am head-over-heels IN LOVE with the actual concept on this book, and WWII/Hitler alternate universe plot lines are one of my favorites. Time travel and second chances are my favorite loop-holes and I am fascinated by different authors takes on them. Atkinson did a refreshing take on all these subjects.
It is so, incredibly easy to get lost in Atkinson's writing because it is so beautiful. I love reading her stuff. Her style is absolutely eloquent and just a treat to read.
I loved getting lost in the plot line/characters and that's why I got so confused and agitated when Ursula's life would start over... Sometimes this would happen abruptly and awkwardly. I constantly had to flip back and forth so I would make sure that I didn't miss a death. The constant deviating plot line and endless twists ARE shocking and quite well-done, albeit overdone. I went through the book with a constant feeling of deja-vu.
The ending really saved the book. It tied up all loose ends and didn't leave me feeling confused. I was greatly satisfied with this book altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment